Excellence Scholarships will be granted to foreign students enrolled in Bachelor studies at the University of St.Gallen and on the basis of merit. Every year, scholarships will be awarded to students in the Assement Year, which will be paid out over a period of three years. The scholarship amount is tantamount to the current tuition fees at the Bachelor's Level (which runs to six semesters - current fees for foreign nationals. At present, a grantee would receive an annual sum of CHF 6,252 (for all three years, this corresponds to a scholarship of CHF 18,756).
•International applicants with internationally recognised relevant educational qualifications and certificates
•Successful passing of the University of St.Gallen's internal admission test
•Timely application inlcuding all documentation required in the application process.
Following successful enrolment, undergraduates will have to submit a letter of motivation and a two-minute video in mp3/4 quality to the Advice Centre for Study Funding (e-mail:email@example.com).
Letter of motivation
- The letter of motivation should contain a maximum of 600 words
- The letter should explain why the applicant choose the field of study and the HSG
- Reason as to why he/she should receive a scholarship
- Creativity in creating the video is appreciated
- The applicant should introduce himself/herself personally in the video
- Presentation of curriculum vitae (origin and family is relevant)
- Extracurricular activities including filmic evidence. Reference persons can also appear in the video.
The quality and creativity of the video clip, which can underline that you are an exceptional person, are relevant assessment criteria.
Fachstelle für Studienfinanzierung /
Advice Center for Study Funding
Tel: +41 (0)71 224 28 68
Following successful enrolment, undergraduates will have to submit a letter of motivation and a two-minute video in mp3/4 quality to the Advice Centre for Study Funding (e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org), which will have to provide answers to the following questions (see at "Detailed Description")