The SCOPES programme, which was launched in 1990, came to an end on 31 December 2016. There will be no further calls for proposals.
Nevertheless, it will still be possible to apply for Conference Grants and Valorisation Grants (until 30 June 2018). Conference Grants offer a financial contribution to the travel and subsistence costs of researchers from Eastern European partner countries participating in international scientific conferences in Switzerland. As of 2018, a new programme called International Joint Research Projects (IJRPs) is expected to be launched. This programme will allow researchers in Switzerland to work with research partners from countries with less research funding.
Research is divided into six modules: five thematic modules in pre-defined areas of research, one thematically open module. The main topics of the five thematic modules are:
1. Causes of and solutions to social conflicts in contexts of weak public institutions
2. Employment in the context of sustainable development
3. Innovation in agricultural and food systems for food security
4. Sustainable management of ecosystems for the provision of ecosystem services
5. Provision systems and financing mechanisms in the public health sector
Geschäftsstelle der Forschungskommission
Dr. Stefan Graf
Fon: +41 (0)71 224 2879
several submission deadlines